Monday, March 22, 2010

The Sound of Melodies

I've been thinking a lot about music lately.. It's such a cool thing, and these days, a HUGE part of our culture. It impacts our lives in ways we don't even realize. It affects our emotions, our thoughts, and even our actions at times.
The topic of music is very broad, so the specific genre I've been thinking about is worship music. Worship is when a lot of us feel the closest to God. I know it's true for me. I can hear an amazing sermon and yeah, it'll impact me a little, and I'll take some great things from it, but when we sing & just open our hearts to God... That's what gets me the most.

It is one of the coolest things to see when the body of Christ is just singing and worshiping. Completely in tune with God (even if they're not quite in tune with the song..). Weather it's at church on a Sunday morning, a retreat, or at something like UNDONE; worship is what brings us together. It's what makes you feel comfortable to pray with those around you, even if you don't know them, or tell a group of random people that you just re-dedicated your life to Christ (which happened at UNDONE). It's when you're not afraid to let your friends see you cry, even if you're a guy. Plus, God loves it too! All through the Bible we're told to praise God with our voices!

No matter what the song, or how simple the words or tune, worship is a great reminder of God's love for us, and that we are His and are here for Him.

Ten Songs That Get Me Every time(:

1. How He Loves-David Crowder Band
2.Hosanna-Hillsong United
3.Psalm 29-Jason Holdridge
4.With Everything-Hillsong United
5.Reign in Us-Starfield
6.Forever Changed-Eddie Kirkland
7.From the Inside Out-Hillsong United
8.The Stand-Hillsong United
9.Second Chance-Hillsong United
10.Lead Me to the Cross- Hillsong United




2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love Aubrey you are a great writer, keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aubrey,
    I don't know how you get your words to come across so beautifully, truly a gift from God. I LOVE YOU!! MOM

    ReplyDelete