Yikes. I can't believe it's almost time for school to start again. Summer flew by!! Probably to me more than others, because I've had a jam-packed summer. Someone just told me the other night, "Aubrey, I've come to the conclusion that you've done everything possible this summer." I think that's a pretty true conclusion.
Week one of summer- VBS program at one campus of our church. So fun. I a d o r e those kids... Taking 10 4th going into 5th graders place to place for different activities (drama, games, art, lunch, gym, singing, etc) and making sure they don't run off and go crazy from 9am to 3pm.. Gotta love it.
Week two of summer- VBS program at a different campus.. Same as above. (:
Week three of summer- Possibly my favorite one. Week one of assistant coaching at On Goal soccer camp. I worked with the "micro stars" (aka the kindergarten/first graders who had no interest in soccer. Especially because it was 90+ degrees everyday) for the first half of the day. But my team improved so much through the week and won some games on Saturday (family day)
In the afternoon I helped wherever I was needed. D4 for the first few days (2nd-3rd grades?) and D2 for the rest. Helping out the normal coaches with whatever. Reffing, setting up fields, kicking in the soccer balls for ladder tournaments, etc. The afternoon was really fun because I got a chance to know some of the older campers. One of them added me on her mom's facebook and we still keep in touch. (:
Week four of summer- NOTHING! Until.. We decided to take a mini vacation to Traverse City. That was fun. My brother couldn't come though.. Sigh. But it was some much needed R&R.
Week five of summer- back into things.. Week two helping out with On Goal. A lot smaller camp than the first, but still fun. My team was much more into soccer & we went undefeated all week long!
Week six of summer- Nothing during the day. But soccer conditioning camp at night. New club this year! A lot more intense.. Ahh I can still feel how sore i was when I got home every night..
Week seven of summer- nothing! I'm pretty sure this was my one week of normal summer vacation. (Aka sitting on the couch & being lazy)
Week eight of summer- CITIWEEK! Missions trip to Detroit with church. Wrote a whole blog on this one... So amazing. But, once I got home friday night, we ran right to my first soccer tournament.
Week nine of summer- Soccer has started. Practices. woop woop. My brother left for college. not so fond of that. I MISS HIM!! Homeless bbq in the D. (no we did not bbq the people, we gave them food and talked with them.) Hung out with some awesome people.. Shenanigans.
Week ten of summer- That's right now.. Soccer, Sleepovers, more soccer, SAT prep class.. A lot better than it sounds btw. ;) Annnnd school starts in what. a week or so?
I've learned a lot this summer, served God, seen Him work in so many lives (including my own), had tons of fun, and did not once have that "I'm so bored can school be here now" feeling.
Success.
No comments:
Post a Comment