Saturday, September 11, 2010

Wait.. You're Homeschooled??

Wait... You're Homeschooled? That's a question I get a LOT. Why people are so surprised, I don't really know. Maybe it's because I'm not the "stereotypical homeschooler" you have in your mind when you hear that.. Which is good. But that image isn't really fair to the majority of us who aren't like that at all.

I love all the questions that come after that. Typical ones include "Do you have friends?, Do you get to sleep in? Do you do school in your pjs? How do you meet people? Does your mom teach you? Are you freakishly smart? " So amusing. Well most of the time. Other times its just plain annoying. Oh. I love going to stores in the middle of the day and getting asked by cashiers & random people "Do kids have the day off? Why aren't you in school?"
But anyways. I really like being homeschooled. I can wake up when I want, and get done on my own time. No wasting time in class for hours. No being with people who couldn't care less about anything.. I actually like being with my family all the time. I have the greatest relationship with my parents that I can almost guarantee you that I wouldn't have with them if I went to school.

Anyways. Just rambling as this new school year has started. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment