Monday, March 14, 2011

Life in Rhythm

I love music. I mean, who doesn't? My favorite part is discovering new bands to listen to, especially bands that not many people know about.
I'm kind of selfish when it comes to sharing them with other people. I tell one friend, who tells another, who shares it on facebook, and all of a sudden most people I know are obsessed with them and I get annoyed and stop liking them.

Another reason I'm not too quick to share with people is because I don't know if they're going to like it. What if they think my music taste is strange, or annoying? But sometimes I find a band/artist that's just too good not to share and so after much internal conflict I share them with someone else and get excited because now I have a friend who shares my love of this band. Sometimes I realize hey, someone else showed this band to me so why shouldn't I show someone else?

The same can be said about being a Christian. You already know it's great, but you're skeptical to share with your friends. Not necessarily because you think Christianity would be annoying if other people loved Jesus, but for other reasons. You're nervous of rejection, that people will think your beliefs are strange, or that someone will make fun of you. But what if no one ever took the time to tell you about Jesus? Being a Christian is nothing to be ashamed about! In fact it's the most exciting and important part of life and everyone should have the opportunity to know the joy you have from your personal relationship with Christ.

So next time you go to share a new band with someone, why not share your Savior with them too?



No comments:

Post a Comment